LIFETIME CARE PLAN FROM LAURIE SARAH
In this blog, Laurie Sarah answers the following:
- What is the Laurie Sarah Lifetime Care Plan?
- What is covered under the Lifetime Care Plan?
- How can I help prevent warranty issues?
- How do I submit a warranty issue?
- Should I get my jewelry insured?
- Can I have another jeweler work on my jewelry?
- Does this cover settings or gemstones purchased elsewhere?
- Is there a Lifetime Care Plan for clients outside the US?
- What exclusions apply?
1. WHAT IS THE LAURIE SARAH LIFETIME CARE PLAN?
Bottom line? We are here for you! My husband Avo and I are so happy that you have chosen our handmade jewelry. To set your mind at ease that we are here for you after the sale, we have developed our Lifetime Care Plan – how we will care for your jewelry for as long as you own it – also referred to as your Warranty Plan.
This is actually one of the most important things to consider when purchasing fine jewelry. Other jewelers may be “less expensive” but are not there for you when you need them. No matter where you purchase your jewelry from, it will need maintenance from time to time. We will be here for you!
2. WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIFETIME CARE PLAN?
For our clients within the US: (For clients outside the US, please see point 5)
- Unlike other plans, we don’t require that you send your jewelry at specific intervals. We cover you whenever you need us.
- Free cleaning, polish, and checking of all stones each time your jewelry is in our hands.
- Fully insured shipping on your first warranty – Free!
- Free ring sizing within 30 days of purchase. If the ring is not sizable (either it has eternity stones, eternity details, or it needs to be sized more than is advisable for the integrity of the ring), it can be exchanged for the correct size. It must be in new condition to be eligable for the exchange.
- Labor is always free when replacing lost or damaged stones, fixing damaged prongs, tightening of loose stones, repair of broken earring posts as well as some other repairs. Contact us for details.
- Stone replacement cost is as follows for lost or damaged stones:
- Diamonds and Moissanite 1.5mm and smaller – Free
- Diamonds and Moissanite over 1.5mm, all colored stones and center stones – replaced at a discounted price.
- Free repair of slightly bent jewelry.
- If your jewelry has sustained damage that we feel has compromised the integrity of your piece, we will discuss details and discounted pricing with you to fix or remake your piece.
This list encompasses the most common warranty issues. Each repair is unique to your piece and we will always repair at no cost if possible. Any costs associated with more serious repairs is always discussed with you and approved by you, and done at as much of a discount as possible.
3. HOW CAN I HELP PREVENT WARRANTY ISSUES?
There’s a famous saying – prevention is the best medicine. We find that most warranty issues happen within the first few weeks of the piece being worn? Why? For many, it is their first piece of fine jewelry and they are getting used to being careful with it. When you receive your Laurie Sarah Jewelry, please review this important blog before you wear it:
Here is another blog that is helpful for caring for your fine jewelry:
Whether you know how the damage happened or not, we are here for you, no questions asked!
4. HOW DO I SUBMIT A WARRANTY ISSUE?
Anytime you need our help, please fill out the form at the end of this point after reading the following information. The Warranty Form makes sure we have your current information, and gives us everything we need to create the fully insured shipping label.
The first time you ship your piece to us – fully insured shipping is free!
For all subsequent warranties, when you answer answer on the form by saying it is not your first warranty, it will take you to where you can purchase shipping. We know shipping is not cheap (especially with rising fuel prices), but each of our labels are backed by our Jewelry Insurance Company to make sure they are fully insured, giving you complete peace of mind.
If your jewelry item was purchased for under $250, you can request less expensive shipping options if you’d like.
Once you have filled out the form, please follow these very important shipping instructions. We know it’s a bit of a pain, but the packing instructions come from the Jewelry Insurance Company who want to make sure that no one knows that something small and valuable is inside. You will typically receive the email with the shipping label within 24-48 hours. Check your jun/spam folder if you don’t. Here are the shipping instructions and warranty form:
5. SHOULD I GET MY JEWELRY INSURED?
This is a personal choice. There are 3 main reasons in my opinion to get your jewelry insured:
- Loss of Center stones. If you lose your center stone, we can replace it no problem, and some insurance companies will cover the cost.
- Major damage. We had a bride that smashed her ring against the side of the swimming pool side as she jumped in on her honeymoon. The ring was so badly damaged that it had to be recast and the stones had to be reset. No problem, we can do this for you. Again, some insurance companies will cover the cost of damage.
- Loss of the item. If you lose your jewelry completely, a good insurance policy will cover the replacement of it. When you purchase your jewelry, we provide you with a Certificate of Authenticity that can be used to make sure your jewelry is fully insured.
How do you go about insuring your jewelry? There are two main ways:
- If you own a home, you can add it to your Homeowner’s Insurance Policy. Contact them for details.
- Although we do not personally endorse any particular Jewelry Insurance Company, many of our clients have been very satisfied with the low cost and how easy business was to conduct with www.JewelersMutual.com Whomever you choose, make sure they offer the coverage you are looking for.
6. CAN I HAVE ANOTHER JEWELER WORK ON MY JEWELRY?
This is a completely personal decision. Having another jeweler work on your Laurie Sarah Jewelry does not void our Lifetime Care Plan. Please just know that we are not responsible for any damage they do to your ring. Be informed. Make sure that the jeweler you choose understands your ring. Many of your choose colored stones for your center stones. Colored stones must be treated very carefully. A wrong move from a jeweler who is not familiar with it may crack or damage your stone. If another jeweler does damage to your jewelry, you can absolutely contact us to help. My husband and I can help and will charge as little as we can to undo the damage.
One more caution. It has happened MANY times, so beware. Other jewelers have told our clients flat our lies about their jewelry. Why? Don’t forget, you didn’t buy your jewelry from them. If they can discredit us and make you feel that your jewelry is bad, they are hoping that you will try to return it and then buy from them instead. If another jeweler says something bad, don’t hesitate to reach out to us and let us know what they said. We’ll either confirm what they saw if they saw a legitimate problem, or we’ll put your mind at ease that they were just trying to make a sale. Read more here:
7. DOES THIS COVER SETTINGS OR GEMSTONES PURCHASED ELSEWHERE?
Short answer, no. If any part of your jewelry was made by another jeweler, or if any of the stones set in your jewelry were purchased elsewhere, those components and their labor are not covered by us. If we work on another jeweler’s setting and unforeseen damage happens, we do not cover their defective settings. However, if damage does occur, or you lose stones purchased elsewhere, we will absolutely help you repair the damage or stones at a modest price.
8. IS THERE A LIFETIME CARE PLAN FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE THE US?
We used to be in a position to help our clients outside the United States just like we would have for those within. But unfortunately Covid has changed all of this. Due to the ridiculously high shipping and package insurance costs to get things shipped between countries, we can no longer offer our Lifetime Care Plan to those outside of the US. You can absolutely purchase replacement gemstones from us and we can ship them to you, but all labor must be performed and paid for by you with the jeweler of your choice. As soon as things change, we’ll update this section of our Lifetime Care Plan to include you again.
9. WHAT EXCLUSIONS APPLY?
Some exclusions and exceptions apply. Contact us for more details.
Don’t see your question answered here? Contact us. We’re here to help.
We reserve the right to update/change the Lifetime Care Plan as necessary. Please always refer here for the most updated Plan details.
The Lifetime Care Plan that comes with your jewelry does not transfer to a new owner. But if they need our help, they are welcome to contact us.